[dinifti] Some mess with DICOM, Nifti and fsl registration tool flirt

Thorsten Kranz thorstenkranz at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 7 06:18:17 EDT 2009

Hi,

my name is Thorsten Kranz, I work at the University of Bonn, Germany, at the
Department for Epileptology.

I used dinifti for converting DICOM files retrieved from our Siemens Avanto
Scanner to the Nifti-Format. Conversion worked without any problems, but
when I afterwards try to use the fsl-tool FLIRT to the Nifti, it produces a
total mess, mapping the brain stem somewhere to the frontal gyrus and other
"funny" things.

When I use other dicom2nifti converters, like dcm2nii from mricron, this
problem doesn't exist. What am I doing wrong? Is it my fault or are my DICOM
files treated incorrectly by dinifti? I'd be thankful for any insight.

Greetings,

Thorsten