[CBIAnnounce] TODAY: Sarah Dubrow @ CBI User Meeting

Ed Vessel ed.vessel at nyu.edu
Fri Dec 7 10:49:18 EST 2012

*NYU Center for Brain Imaging*
*Fall 2012 Speaker Series*

Friday, December 7th
3- 4:30pm
Meyer 815

Speaker:
*Sarah Dubrow* (Davachi Lab)

*MVPA classification of scene exemplars from memory*

Abstract:
I will present a project aimed at getting reliable classification of
individual scene exemplars or subcategories with the goal of  decoding the
strength of cued memory reactivation at a finer level than the broad
categories typically used (e.g., face versus scene). I'll show some
preliminary classification results for 8 different scene exemplars. The
scenes were either buildings or landscapes, famous or non, and their
position on the screen was manipulated to try to enhance discriminability.
I'll compare training using study data versus a separate "localizer" task,
as well as classification of whole-brain data versus scene-selective
voxels.

*NOTE: **Food will be served**, and beer will be available for those able
to contribute towards the "beer fund." *
*
*
Next (and last) meeting for the semester: Dec. 14, Brice Kuhl

--
Ed Vessel
Center for Brain Imaging
ed.vessel at nyu.edu