[CBIAnnounce] TALK: Sarah Dubrow @ CBI User Meeting, Friday Dec. 7

Ed Vessel ed.vessel at nyu.edu
Mon Dec 3 12:55:38 EST 2012

NYU Center for Brain Imaging
Fall 2012 Speaker Series

Friday, December 7th
3- 4:30pm
Meyer 815

Speaker:
Sarah Dubrow (Davachi Lab)

MVPA classification of scene exemplars from memory

Abstract:
I will present a project aimed at getting reliable classification of individual scene exemplars or subcategories with the goal of  decoding the strength of cued memory reactivation at a finer level than the broad categories typically used (e.g., face versus scene). I'll show some preliminary classification results for 8 different scene exemplars. The scenes were either buildings or landscapes, famous or non, and their position on the screen was manipulated to try to enhance discriminability. I'll compare training using study data versus a separate "localizer" task, as well as classification of whole-brain data versus scene-selective voxels.

NOTE: Food will be served, and beer will be available for those able to contribute towards the "beer fund."

Next (and last) meeting for the semester: Dec. 14, Brice Kuhl

--
Ed Vessel
Center for Brain Imaging
ed.vessel at nyu.edu